Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ryanair info

Hi all, 2 weeks to go till my second visit to Salou, and I can't wait.

I just printed my on-line check in for outbound flight but seems I can't print the return until 15 days before the return flight...is this right? what if someone is taking a 3 week holiday, do they expect you to be searching for a PC and printer while you're away?

How do I know where to sit on the plane?

where is the bag drop at Stansted?

cheers and see you soon

Re: ryanair info

1). Quite correct about your return e-ticket. You have to print it out when you are away. A few hotels are already offering an e-ticket printing service - for a charge of course!
2). First come, first served on a Ryanair plane. If it is important that you sit together make sure you get in the queue early when the flight gate is displayed.
3). Look for your flight on the displays. It will show a check in gate and drop number. This currently is the same gate you would go to if you had no e-ticket. This may change soon but I am sure Ryanair will advise us as they do not lost passengers wondering around making the plane late.

Despite it all being a bit new once you get used to it the procedure does get you to the airport bar a bit quicker than the old way of working

well thank you for that, much appreciated

one more for you - the old system they used to put labels on the cases with airport code etc, where / how does that happen now?

need to be sure as we need to get to Stansted at stupid o'clock and my wits may not be with me!

they still do that just go to the ryanair desk same a ever and they will take your bag.becareful they will weigh your bag and charge you if your over 15kg.we take a small bag that folds up so if we are over we just take out some stuff.its 10 euro per kg

hi phil i was just about to post but the av kid beat me to it, as usual his information is spot on,if you want to make sure of a good seat on the plane you can get priority boarding at a small cost,i have just got back from salou,and guess what i did not print my return ticket the nice lady at the ryanair desk happily charged me 80 euros to stamp my ticket, i was not happy to say the least.i have since been told there is a small box you tick on the printing process that prints your return ticket but i do not know if this is correct hope this helps have a great holiday

thanks, all

Mullary, surely if I go to the ryanair desk and hand over my case (and they label it) that defeats the object of on-line check in and the bag drop?

i know but we went in may and thats how they do it.if you dont book on line i think they charge you 20euro,and if you dont prebook your bag its 40euro.i think in the future they will have the eletronic machines that check your bags for you but at the moment this is how they do it.i dont mind what they do as long as they dont put up their fairs and i get there on time

All good info from Billy and Mullary. One observation is that the check in queue time is much quicker. No boarding pass to print and passport to check. No old fashioned bag label either. Your bag is tracked through the departure airport by the barcode label on the handle and another small label stuck to the case.

I agree there maybe some sort of electronic hold baggage check in for e-ticket holders in the future but my guess is that you will carry your own hold luggage to a drop area near the plane bit like you do when travelling by coach. More cost savings from Mr O'Leary.

It costs me more in a taxi to the airport than it does for my Ryanair fare so long live the £1 to £10 flights. If you want a drink on the plane at expensive prices then at least it is your choice. Wait a couple of hours or get your fiver out for a tinny.

In 5 years of travelling Ryanair to Reus I cannot remember one late arrival. Pre Ryanair was Bmibaby/MyTravelLate/FlyBe usually to Barca and usually late. Just look at the Ryanair stats - 93% of its total of 40,000 flights in May arrived on time. Happy days

yes phill when you print you outbound ticket you have to tick another box for your inbound.
av we are going to salou in aug for a week and again in oct for 4 nights and in oct its costing us 61euro thats for flights taxes and apartement,in ireland you would spend that while thinking of something to do.did you se the poll ryanair have on their site?it asks if you would mind standing for a 1 hour flight at reduced rate,they think of everything to get people on

so you print off before you fly at home ?? or those machines at the airport i have seen people standing around printing stuff off ? or are they there to print your return ticket off ?? HELP

hi katie
go to manage my booking its on the left hand side of ryanair home page and click on online boarding you will get a box to tick to put you passport info into you need to print outbound and inbound.if you dont you will be charged a lot of euro

Only had the option to print outbound,I'll print the inbound the day before we fly out

you can only print them if your returning within 15 days .if you have a late flight out you could print them before you go,if not you will have to find somewhere there to do it. connect inn might be a good place to ask

thanks for the help will try and sort it all out 15 days befor we leave in oct

hi katie
when are you going in oct we are going on the 15th and back on the 19th so i will print my cards on the 14th each way.

hi mullary we are going the 7th 13th to catch up with friends as we use to live in salou 5 years ago so carnt wait to see them all

well have a ball katie and dont forget to print your boarding cards and to take them with you lol

Just checked in and printed my return tickets so well pleased I don't have to print them while on holiday. Still seems a stupid idea that you can't print them both together especially if you are going for more than 2 weeks.

Now all I have to do is find where to drop my luggage at Stansted and Bob's my mothers brother.

2 sleeps to go

lol wtg phil we got 19 sleeps to go have a ball and enjoy salou you lucky lucky person you

Phil.... have a great time.

Just a quick caution. A mate of mine flew from Stansted last week. Thought as he had checked in via online checkin there would be no queues so only left himself an hour. He nearly missed his plane.

Problem is with the airport not Ryanair. The Ryanair bag drop/checkin zone was OK. It was all the queue's before that and after. Security, baggage scan, distance to gate all added a bit here and there mainly due to the airport itself being over crowded and insufficient airport staff to cope. Get there 2 hours early if i was you... and if you sail through then plenty of time for a beer or two

cheers for that, as the flight is 6.10am was planning to get to the airport for 4am ish anyway

can hardly wait

hi i booked flights with ryanair for september,i have just been laid off at work (building trade) and can not really afford to come over.just wondering if anyone know if i could get a refund on flight if i say i dont want to travel abroad as i have a little girl of 4year old and with the news saying that if you catch swine flu you are not allowed back in england untill your cured would this class as a medical reason and enable me to a refund.cheers

This would not hold water with Ryanair. They are treating swine flu just like any other 'flu' - you can travel unless seriously ill. Even then you will only get a refund if you have taken out insurance.

Refunds are therefore few and far between on Ryanair. Check out their website T&C's. Also Google 'ryanair refund' ... read some of the forums on the result. You might just find a crack in their armour but it will be difficult