Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salou? Not This Year.

Decided at the last minute to have a change from Salou and we went for Ibiza, just hope i don't regret it as i love Salou we go on the 29th July, has anyone been and wots it like compared to Salou?
Thanks.

Re: Salou? Not This Year.

How old are you & where in Ibiza are you going?

I'm 43 going with family and staying in San An Bay.

San Antonio bay.... hmmmmm. Well you are out of the town centre but not by much.

Its a party place geared mainly for teenagers. Drinking and partying at night to 6am. Then sleep it off, bit of sunshine and start again.

San Antonio town centre is the Balearic equivelent of Malia in Crete, Faliraki in Rhodes and parts of Benidorm in Spain. I suppose parts of the Carles Buigas on a busy night, with the Spanish in town, is the nearest to it in Salou but on nowhere near the scale.

I guess if your family are in their late teens they will love it and if you like a bit of raving then you too. If not then..... hhhmmmmm again!

i agree ,salou is for all ages ive been going for 15 years , but ibIza is geared for the younger ones & i mean very young ones , they dont ask age as long as you have money to get in i, ve been there with 13 year old and they said if youve got money you can come in .

So you reckon families don't go to Ibiza then?

Sure they do.... but not many to San Antonio.

Playa D'en Bossa, Es Cana, Santa Eulalia, Puerto San Miguel, Formentara and even Ibiza Town are all favorites. It is a lot smaller than Majorca and slightly smaller than Minorca so there is not a lot else to mention

From what i've read SAn An Bay is more geared towards families than San AN.

I haved stayed in the bay and in the centre. Lots of 'maybes' here. There is not enough accomodation in the centre so hotels on the bay have expanded to cater for the Summer tourists. The nearer you are on the bay to the centre the more likely you are to get a hotel full of youngsters.
Take a look at the bay on Google maps, work out where your hotel is and research it from there. Look at tripadvisor.co.uk and see what they say about each hotel. You might be OK .... as I said before hhhmmmmm!
Is there not a www.sanantonio.co.uk or www.ibiza.com with a forum you can ask some direct questions?