Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tobacco price

hi just got back from salou had a great time,only downer the price of tobacco products has gone up quite a lot, apparently it is government tax and not the shops that put them up,still if it stays high off peak i can see it having a big impact on the bars and hotels some of who depend on the winter cig trade

Re: tobacco price

Unfortunately I don't think they will go down at the end of the season, it doesn't work like that. Prices I believe are set the same across Spain. The attached link is the price list from Eurotabaco in Benidorm. Cut and Paste it and I would imagine these prices are exactly the same as what you paid in Salou:-

http://www.eurotabaco.net/prices_tobacco.php

I'm quite lucky as I smoke Sovereign and as long as I get a good deal on a Ryanair flight its definately worth the journey as they are still good value, and I get some time in Salou to boot!

Jim

how much did smokes go up by it was 31euro for 200 b&h in may.we pay 8euro in ireland for 20 superking

hi jim good link you posted, and yes the prices are the same in salou as the link you printed,the only reason i printed my post was to inform people who bring back cigs they might need a bit more money if they want to bring back there allowance.

Apparently, its due to some european directive to balance the prices all over europe, the UK govt. have
been bleating about it for a while, to stop people buying thier ciggies etc elsewhere, by whichever means. They cover it by saying its for health reasons,but the extra taxes for governments will swell thier rapidly dwindling coffers.