Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anyone been to hotel calypso

hi am going their next month has anyone been whats it like

Re: anyone been to hotel calypso

It a fab fab fab hotel, we love it. We are going 3 weeks on Tuesday and it will be our 5th visit. Don't get me wrong its not the height of luxury, but we've got 2 kids (8 & 1) and for a family holiday I cannot recommend it highly enough, the hotel itself is clean, the rooms are adequate, although not huge I don't find that a problem as they really are just a base to sleep and get changed in, the food is good, our eldest is a proper fuss pot but she always finds plenty that she likes, but what makes the Calypso so wonderful is the entertainment team, they are just so wonderful, we love them all, they really make the holiday, there are plenty of activities for adults and kids in the day time (darts, water polo, face painting, giant jenga etc) and at night they put on the most brilliant shows, Grease, Dirty Dancing, We Will Rock You plus some others and they all work so so hard. I'm sure there are many people out there for whom this isn't really their sort of thing, but to be honest it wasn't ours until we went to the Calypso, but its just great!

I really really hope you love the hotel as much as we do - I certainly can't wait to get back there!!!!!!

Re: anyone been to hotel calypso

I echo Claire's comments. It may not have the ideal location but it more than makes up with its facilities and great entertainment.
Try and get a room above reception on the 3rd/4th or 5th floor facing the pool. Great views and less noise from the road outside. Email the hotel in advance to see if you can reserve via www.medplaya.com.... they normally will for me unless they are full