Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
setanta

dont know how it will affect the bars but setenta has now ceased trading.

Re: setanta

Yes true, but aparently its just the English part of Setanta, the Irish Setanta will continue trading for the moment untill a buyer is found.

Thats as maybe, but the F.A. have already sold all Setantas live footy rights to BSKYB, and ESPN, so theres no point in having Setanta anyway.Skys got the Mon night matches and the majority of others, and ESPN have got the Sat. teatime one.Windhams gonna have a field day, installing ESPN to all the bars.

Use the internet like everybody else is, watch EPL, GAA, all sports as long as you have fast broadband
on justin.tv , ustream or my faverite sopcast. Hook computer up to tv away you go. will be out next week
any one want help to set up for 3 free evening meals and i'mm yours

AFAF is quite correct if you are at home looking at a laptop/desktop. No one depending on you and in a domestic environment with no one else to service other than yourself.

However... in a commercial bar when the main object of the day is to provide a service, make a living and maybe a modest profit at the end of the day the 'holy grail' of the Internet is full of pitfalls.

Too many to mention here.... and also too many for a Free Lunch. Despite it being around for many decades the InterWeb is still in its infancy. In the UK I have a high speed 20meg service, my friend has a 50meg service.... yet some days we still cannot deliver a picture much better than when the queen got crowned! Imagine it ... England vs Brazil in the World Cup 2010 semi-final in SA..... Gareth Barry about to take the penalty to put us through to play Germany in the Final.............. and Oh Dear....... the picture freezes! You look back across the bar and there are 50 of your finest drinkers faces looking at you thinking..... WTFH....YT!

Time for a Sharp Exit methinks

Pull your horns in AV who do you think you are talking to? Some wet nosed KID? 400 years ago you would have been one of those doubters standing their ground that the earth was flat.200 years ago that the sun revolved around the earth.50 years ago that man would never walk on the moon, are you afraid someone might steal some of your limelight.

By the tone of your post, you must be running scared.
What’s wrong, do you have shares in the satellite companies?

And to your point on the picture freezing or broadband not working fare points that you should take up with your tele communication company. But if you would note I did mention sopcast which is a p2p client (there are numerous others available to many to mention here including your SKY player) which collects your signal from multiple sources therefore tends to be more reliable.

And on your point "However... in a commercial bar when the main object of the day is to provide a service" How many of the bars are paying the commercial rate for their sky don't see many Pub glass symbol on their sky broadcasts?

As for the legalities of it please see ref: above

Before you do any more pontificating go and check how much the BBC, ITV, NBC, FOX and many more are investing in broadband broadcasting. Are they all in the wrong then?

I could go on but it will cost more than a free lunch for me to educate you further...
When you’ve harrowed as much as I’ve ploughed I’ll listen to your next comments

With regards to making a sharp exit I’ll just stroll away and leave you to dwell on your rash remarks

1). I have re-read my post. Sorry if I have ruffled your feathers but it does not seem to me that I have been 'horny' as you suggest. Perhaps others can comment if I have been overly aggressive.
2). You seem to have an ability from reading 3 or 4 lines of another persons post to know without question their life history.

Nuff said

Don't worry about it, ESPN will be available on British/Irish Sky, come the new season.

other sites where you can watch football are myp2p.eu they have all sports from around the world on their site and also look at footballstreaminginfo they have a lot of game on their from around the world both site have ready made link so no messing around just find game and click link you may need to download software such as sopcast from their sites but i asure you they are safe to download iv been using they sites for year.hope i helped

Like A.V. said, OK for home use, but not reliable enough for a bar. I use yacom over here, and get most streams ok, but still wouldnt risk it for the bar.

hi av your comments sounded fine to me not aggressive at all,just making a valid point,i read you on both channels and like you comments and observations.