Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mercadona or other supermarket?

I looking for some advice if possible.

I am intending to goto the Mercadona for the most of our shop in one go to save money. Am I right in saying the nearest closest one to Cap Salou is in Vila-Seca?

If so is a bus stop near the supermarket to get there and back?

Secondly has Salou itself got a Supermarket that is larger or cheaper?

Re: Mercadona or other supermarket?

There is a Mercadona in Salou in Placa Sant Jordi. There are also several in Cambrils, Tarragona and Reus which, although they may be further away than Vila Seca, they may be easier to get to.

there's a Lidl on the way into Tarragona, which is on the bus route, if you fancy that.

Supermercats Michelangelo‎
C/ Major 55
43840 Salou
977 544 856
Not open all year round

Intermarche
C/ Barcelona (no street number)
43840 Salou
977 351 100
open all year round

http://www.turismedia.com/el_tarragones/serveis_pl_salou/intermache.swf

Both hold some British products and the Intermarche is open all year round. Go through the sliding doors walk forward 4 metres (past the first isle) turn left walk forward 4 metres and on the right you can find international products.

There's an aldi in vila seca and lidl in cambrils and in Tarragona

There is a Mercadonna in salou near the railway crossing and many in Tarragona.

The Hypermarkets Carrefour in Tarragona and Reus have small section which sometimes carry things like Bisto.

1 No, The Salou Mercadona is closer and more easily accessible.
2 Not really
3 Yes it has the Salou Mercadona and it is easier to get to from Cap Salou (not cheaper or more expensive).

Bonus points both Intermarche and Michelangelo will work out considerably more expensive on average spend although both have their advantages for certain items. However if you have time to shop around you dont need to economise.

Thanks for the help, now at first I did think Salou had a Mecadona but I couldn't find an actual address. Then I noticed the Vila-Seca one and thought that was the only one.

Is the one near the level crossing a large shop? Also is in a market or its on branch as looking at google earth I could see somewhere called La Sirena.

thebluepotts
Thanks for the help, now at first I did think Salou had a Mecadona but I couldn't find an actual address. Then I noticed the Vila-Seca one and thought that was the only one.

Is the one near the level crossing a large shop? Also is in a market or its on branch as looking at google earth I could see somewhere called La Sirena.

The Salou Mercadona is situated right behind the Salou Municipal Market, just a few metres up from the fountain/roundabout where Via Roma meets Carrer Barcelona.So walk up Via Roma from the fountain roundabout, and on the right hand side you will see a broad walkway opposite the Banks which are on the lefthand side of Via Roma. Walk down the walkway, and you will see the Mercadona supermarket on your left. It is a medium-sized supermarket, and I always prefer to use them above any other. Their selection and prices are usually amongst the best in Salou.

Thanks for the feedback Im probably just goto the one in Salou then.

Is it on the way to the old town or have i gone the wrong way?

from the marina end of the ramblas, head towards the railway station, cross the line then take the small road on the right. The mercadona sits on your left, facing the square.

Coming in the other direction, take the last on the left before you cross the railway tracks.