Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water................

Do u think its fine to use tap water 4 drinking or is it best to buy bottled? how much is it about 4 bottled water xx

Re: Water................

i all ways buy bottled water its from 80 ccent to 1euro20 for a gallon bottle and anything from 35 cent to 1 euro 50 for a small one we buy the small ones then fill them in the app we would use 2 gallons a day as we drink a lot of water

Say 1 euro a day for bottled water. That's 365 euros a year plus washing,toilet,showers,etc through the normal water bills. Probably 600 euros per year!Say 500/550 pounds. How does that equate to a British water rates bill? I reckon we are far worse off in Spain! Probably cheaper to drink and shower in beer!

r bill in uk is just under £400 a yr but we drink tap water, the reason i was asking is we never been away from uk b4 some say drink tap others say dont? alot say upset stomaches r not from water but from having a more rich diet than normally. but way i thought it seemed is if locals drink it it b fine. plus i guess most will have ice in drinks an guess that not from bottles? xx

hi jojo,
salou has an ice making factory nearby and the ice is made from bottled water, all the ice in the local bars and hotels is normally bought in , i would recommend always drink bottled water and use it when cleaning your teeth and use the water out of the tap for washing and bathing only,water is very cheap out there so don't take the risk, even local people drink bottled water but i must say that the quality of water out of the tap has improved over the last few years

The water in Spain is perfectly safe and clean. However, due to it's high mineral content it can give you a bit of a runny botty until you get used to it.

The water here is fine, always drink it, with no ill effects.
At work it still makes me giggle inside, when peopla ask for a draught coke,say, no ice(cos their scared of the water),when the machine just mixes syrup with mains water.
Small pleasures I know, but it gets you through the summer.

If you drink the water in the uk then drink the water here as its alot better,the dont drink the water and ice thing is a throw back to the seventies/early eighties ,spain has moved on alot since then to an extent that it surpasses the uk in numerous things.

I've lived here for years. My water bill is about 37 euros per quarter. My sister in the UK pays 188 pounds per quarter!!

I buy a 5 litre bottle of water in the local supermarkets for 56 cents, which lasts me a few days.

So what are the moans for?????

Another Local,

There are no moans, somebody was simply asking if the tap water in Spain is safe to drink

Jim

My Salou H2O experience is : -

1). Used it to clean teeth for 10 years. No upsets.
2). Drink bottled water just out of preference.
3). Due to high mineral content it has quite the oppsite effect of a 'runny bottom'.
4). I was told by a very reliable source that the ice is made from tap water put through a filtration system in Vila Seca by a local factory. I have ice in my spirits and cider. No upsets .... just the odd hangover.

People get very nervous when it comes to tap water. As someone has previously said this is a hang up from the long distant past