Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
roofer/plasterer/renderer looking to move to salou

hi folks,Im Gary,im 42 and still fit lol im thinking of moving to salou probably in october,after holiday season,i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the work situation is like,i.e credit crunch and where do you look for work in spain(labour exchange) any suggetions are welcome as id rather spend winter somewhere other than another cold building site n scotland,im unemployed at moment for the first time since leaving school,please help

Re: roofer/plasterer/renderer looking to move to salou

Hi Gary,
I read the other day that the construction industry in spain has suffered more that any other industry and where once they took on english builders at the drop of a hat this is no longer the case.
the building trade is one area where they are struggeling to survive and they are trying to keep spanish tradesmen in work before any immigrant workers, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i would not make the move until things start to pick up

thanks mate it seems the building trade the world over is suffering but id still welcome any suggestions

hi keith,its a pity England has not got the same attitude as spain,my mate has just been finished on a power plant job,60 Brits out sixty Italians in.a strike has started ,but as in the past the government will win in the end,as i speak they are probably mobilizing the sas, the police, air force, and navy,we cannot have English workers going on strike,it might set a bad example to all our other cheap labour.best of luck in your search for work Gary