Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre Paid Money Cards (Euro)

Hi

Has anyone used these types of cards in Salou if so which ones and what do you think of them.

There are lots of ways to take your money but I'm unsure which is best and I have never used one of these cards before, I usually take travellers cheques but last year we seemed to paying over the odds in commision(in Bulgaria).

So this year I thought I'd look at alternative methods, going in 5 weeks.

Any information would be appreciated.

Bev

Re: Pre Paid Money Cards (Euro)

I have a PO Visa Electron Travel Money Card.

1). I get no booking fee on Ryanair.
2). It is easy to load money at any UK PO.
3). Also easy to withdraw money at any ATM showing the Visa sign.

Go to link below for more info........

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1;jsessionid=IMJDEUMH3YWAQFB2IGDENZQUHRAYUQ2K?catId=19300207&mediaId=26800661

Make sure you buy a card loaded with Euros if you will be using it mostly abroad

hi bev co op travel do a good card,its free its insured, and the euro rate you get at the time you put your money on it is the rate you get when you use it,just call into any coop travel and check it out,i normally take cash but it is a pain carrying it around with you,and i would not trust the room safe so i am going to try the co op card when i go to salou this month,

like the av kid i would highly recommend the P.O money card this card can be pre loaded in the uk but also if you leave the 19 digit pan no with a member of your family or friend they can load money onto the card (even if you r abroad) funds available within 48 hrs
you get a better rate when you load it i.e travellers cheque rate. it is safe and secure and you can only spend the amount on the card it is not linked to your bank account therefore cannot be used for id fraud.
it can be used for services (paying for a meal or buying cigs+tabacy) and good with no service charge and also there is a one off fee of £2 for withdrawal from atm machines (max withdrawal of £500 per day) where as if you use your bank debit card you are charged percentage of the withdrawal.
i have this card and found it safer than carrying euros and better than travellers cheques as i would have to go to the old town in salou (calle barcelona) to reach the banks there who would cash my travellers cheues free of charge.
also any money left on the card can be refunded for a one off charge of £5 where as with travellers cheques the buy back rate is higher.
i hope this helps
P.S I WORK IN THE POST OFFICE AND AM FULLY TRAINED ON ALL ASPECTS OF TRAVEL MONEY AND WOULD NOT GIVE ADVICE ON ANYTHING I HAVE NOT TRYED MYSELF PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD WISH FURTHER INFO ON THE P.O TRAVEL MONEY CARD THANKS

weemarydoll
also there is a one off fee of £2 for withdrawal from atm machines (max withdrawal of £500 per day) where as if you use your bank debit card you are charged percentage of the withdrawal.

I take only a small amount of local currency abroad and use my Nationwide card to withdraw money at the ATM.No withdrawal fee and better exchange rate

with the exception of nationwide most other banks charge for withdrawing funds abroad. cheers for pointing that out

have a look at fairfx.com this is whati use and 4 me its the best rate and cheapest charge

Are these other cards Visa Electron?.... if not Ryanair will charge you a booking fee. At £10 per person this far outweighs any small ATM charges