Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ARE PROPS A PEST?

Salou is getting absolutely ridiculous.The number of props pestering you to go into not only bars and pubs but also supermarkets is irritating to put it politely.I happen to be a resident and go out of my way to avoid prime locations where these people hang about.A lot of businesses would have to close their doors if they didn´t have props but the other day while out walking with family we were offered the first round free if we went in.Surely things aren´t that bad on the Plaza Europa?Thumbs up to a PROPFREE Salou.

Re: ARE PROPS A PEST?

Hi Jane,
i found last july that there was an increase in the amount of props, some can be an absolute pain, there was on chap outside the grapevine last year who would not take NO for an answer, we were staying at the regina gran hotel half board, the prop said that he knew all the chefs in the local hotels and the food was S**T, obviously we never went to the grapevine.
in one week the same girl from dannys bar approached us every time we passed and handed us the same leaflet we had been given before and they went straight in the nearest bin.
I know these people have to make a living and they are employed to get the punters in but surely there must be a better way without pestering and spoiling some peoples evenings,the LAST thing we want is salou becomming like benidorm(god forbid)

Being a bit of an 'old git' I'm flattered to be asked by a young prop if I want to go into their trendy bar for a great 2 for 1 deal and all the latest techno music malarky.
Yes, they can be quite persistant.......until I ask "Do you serve cocoa in there?". At that point, they generally move to one side!!!!!!

Salou? Salut!!!!

do what i do, everytime a prop gives me a leaflet i give them the last one i was given, seems a fair swap to me and bless them they always take it