Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Honesty is still alive and well...

I had the misfortune to lose my wallet last week,replete with credit cards, Social health Card, driving licence,money and many other important documents. I went to the Policia Urbana in Reus, where I lost it, and reported the loss to them. I went back several times, but to no avail. Imagine my joy, 10 days later, I received a phonecall to say it had been handed in today. I was overjoyed, because applying for new driving licence, NIE, etc etc is a trial by fire. But when I actually went to collect it from the Police Station, you can imagine my incredulity to discover ALL the money was there too. Usually what happens is somebody finds it, removes the money, and then throws the wallet away,even if they don't try to use the credit cards. This kind person, who refused to leave their name or address (I wish I knew who they were: I would reward them generously for their honesty), handed the lot in..and I can't express how grateful I am.
God Bless their honesty and decency.

Re: Honesty is still alive and well...

Hi Sage,
Glad to hear you got your wallet back, i admit that it incredible that everything was still there but gladly on occasions we do find that there are still honest people out there, the world is not as bad as it seems.