Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Travel to Portaventura

Hi

We are a group of 5 adults & 4 children comming to Salou in July. Please could tell me if Portaventura is in walking distance of Hotel Calypso if not would it be better to travel by bus or taxi?

Thanks

Sarah

Re: Travel to Portaventura

Calypso is not on a walking distance of port Aventura.
The bus will be fine and economic.

Hi Sarah,

We've stayed at Calypso 4 times now (5th time on July 21st this year) and the bus stop for PortAventura is probably no more than a 5 minute walk from the hotel and the bus fares are very reasonable. There is also the little train which goes from the same place as the buses which is slightly more expensive, but the kids seem to love it, last time we were there we got a taxi back to the hotel as it was raining heavily (don't panic, this WAS late October - LOL) and I don't think it cost more than 10 euro.

Hope this helps

Thanks Claire,

we will be at the Calypso on the 25.07.09 for 2 weeks. Me and my partner Robert our children Chloe (10)Owen (8) also with us my sister inlaw and her 2 children Steph (11) and Elliott (9) + grandparents.
i have seen good and bad reviews about the hotel, but as long as its sunny i don't care what my room is like.

i take it your view of the hotel is good as you've bee there 4 times before.

Can't wait till my hol

Sarah

Hi there, to be honest, its a great hotel, especially for kids the age of yours (my eldest is 8 and LOVES it)

It is a 3 star hotel and its a nice one at that, the rooms are clean and practical - lets face it you don't want to be spending alot of time there really, the food is good, always lots of choice, but for us what really makes it a great hotel is the entertainment, they are just fantastic, there is always loads to do during the day for both the adults and the kids and the shows in the evening are brilliant, all the team work really really hard to make sure everyone has a good time!!
For a family holiday its a great place - I'm sure you'll love it