Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st Time!

Hi All,

We are off to Salou for the 1st 2 weeks of September & its our 1st time!

We will be travelling with our 2 toddlers - 2yrs8mths & 14mths old.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend places to visit with toddlers in tow?

We were thinking about getting a couple of 14 day passes for Port Aventura - is there enough there for small kids to do?

Is it worth taking a day trip to Barcelona to do the zoo & aquarium?

Will it be hot in September?

Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks in advance!

Angela x

Re: 1st Time!

first thing first, the weather will be fine .We were there last October and the temp never went below 70,but was not too hot for our kids. the beaches are fantastic for the children ,very safe and as you walk along there are numerous swings,slides and climing frames.I think the ages of your kids means they get into port adventura for free, take the open air road train to it,they'll love that stops are well signposted.short bus to cambrills is recommended ,not expensive and is lovely in the early evenings for a stroll,has a park near the harbour that the kids loved . Barcelona is a bit of a trek and from my own experience is fantastic for adults,but with two kids in prams having to deal with the underground ect would maybe advise against it.if it is animals you want you could try a place called aqua leon, a safari park/water park.buses direct from salou check the web site. but really your kids are of an age where a beach,an ice cream,swimming pool they'll be as happy as pigs in s**t.Hope you have a ball.

Thanks for your reply!

I have heard of that Aqualeon place, might have to give it a go!

We were thinking of hiring a car to go to Barcelona so we dont have to put up with the trains etc! We'll see when we're out there I think, like you say with a beach,an ice crea & swimming pool theyll be happy as larry anyway!

Hi Angela,
the kids will have a great time at aquopolis water park at nearby La Pineda just a ten min bus ride out of salou,it's a great day out for all the family but make sure you get plenty of sun cream on the little ones as it is a suntrap but you can always cool off in the water, lots for toddlers to do and they can see the dolphin and sea lion shows which are normally twice daily, i went with my wife and daughter who was four at the time and we have been to the aquopolis seven or eight times in two years IT'S GREAT!

Thanks Keith, we will definitely go there then!

hi the fountains on the seafront are nice to watch, the kids would like them.i don't know if he's still there but there was a clown at a pub near to the hole in the wall that done face painting.there are some places in portaventura for the kids aswell.

I would give port aventura a miss if I were you. It is an amazing place it really is but with 2 young kids in tow if you want to spend your time fighting over who going on what while the other left minding the kids. There is very little there for young kids.I brought my daughter there last year and spent my whole time in the playground in china she didnt want to leave. But as previous post said kids that age love nothing more than being at the pool and the beach. When the kids are happy everyone is happy. The main beach is fantastic has play areas nearly every 100 meters its great to be able to sit there while they entertain themselves.. have a great holiday.

Champions is the pub with the clown show, re-opened last Thursday noght. Clown show is at 9pm every night. Balloon modelling to and every kid gets their own model.

We went to Port Avenura in May with my 3 year 3 month old and 15 month old and it was fantastic. There were rides for both of them to go on, it is lovely to just spend a few hours walking around there. We bought a 14 day pass and went about 8 times. If anything it breaks the day up as I find a whole day at the beech or by the pool with two young ones hard. I would certainly reccomend it as you only have to pay for the adults as under 4's go free.

Thanks for your replies guys.

We would go to Port Aventura more for the kids than us - I not big on rides & my partner wouldnt go on one on his own anyway!

We were thinking about buying a 14 day pass each so we could just go on odd days when we havent got much to do just to keep the kids entertained.

The clown show sounds like good entertainment, we shall have to give that a go one night too!

after the clown show, champions also do a few quizzes for the adults too, so its a whole nights entertainment