money

hi im coming to salou for 2 weeks family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids 15 and 12
any idea if £200 would be enough
we are self catering

Re: money

Divide £200 by 14 days, then divide it by 4 for the 4 people

= approx £3.50 each per day

sorry but nowhere near enough

we spent £1800 last year 2 adults and 3 kids SC (Did include 3 day tickets to Portaventura)

sorry £2000 i meant to type

should be fine with that mate

have a great time

you made me type all that for nothing,i was worried for you for a moment. You should have the holiday of a lifetime with two grand to blow.All the best

sorry thanks for reply
bit too much diabetes medication

for fourteen days this works out about £14.29 a day or £3.57 per person .I do not wish to be the prophet of doom but this does not seem to be a lot of money to feed and entertain two adults and two teenagers, you will find that Spain is not as cheap for the British as it once was.You will struggle to get two beers for £4 and the supermarkets are quite expesive if you are used to tesco and asda prices.I'm not saying you can't do it but you will have to be really very careful especially on the first week. I wish you all the best and if you manage it could you share your secret with all .

We are staying half board & have 2 toddlers with us (the youngest will only be 14mths) & we were planning on taking £1000. There's 2 adults.

Would this be enough? We are planning on 'going places' too?

Ive got no idea how much things cost out there!

Angela
We are staying half board & have 2 toddlers with us (the youngest will only be 14mths) & we were planning on taking £1000. There's 2 adults.

Would this be enough? We are planning on 'going places' too?

Ive got no idea how much things cost out there!

You don't specify how long you are staying for.
PLEASE remember you will probably have to pay a cash deposit against 'breakages' when you arrive at your accomodation, and many forget that, or just aren't aware of that cash charge. It can be quite a big sum, depending upon where you are staying.
You will get it back at the end of your stay, providing the landlords are satisfied with the condition of the accomodation, but that is not really any use to you during your holiday. Of course you can use it after you have signed out on your last day for buying souvenirs and presents and tobacco etc to take home, so it is not entirely useless.
My advice would be to have a reserve to be used in an emergency, or if regular funds dry up before you return to the UK. A credit card or debit card with 2 or 3 hundred euros would be enough, and you don't HAVE to spend it!
Of course, Salou is happy when people bring lots of money to spend!! It is the lifeblood of the town. But if you apportion your money that you do have per day, and stick to it, you will be ok. It is easy to be tempted to overspend at first, which makes for a miserable last few days when the coffers run dry...so why not plan to spend as little as possible for the first few days, without spoiling your enjoyment, so you will be able to have more to spend during the last part of your holiday. The last part of any holiday is usually the bit we all remember most, and if you have enough money in your pocket to spend as you wish then, you will return home with some very happy memories. That won't happen if you run out of spends during the last few days, and will cast a shadow over the whole holiday.
I hope you will enjoy your stay, and it is as pleasant as you make it yourself

Thanks Sage

We are going for 2 weeks - cant believe I forgot to mention that!

We are stayng at the Golden Port Salou - do you know how much the deposit would be? I havent heard of this until now!

We 'should' have more money than that as spending money but the plan was to keep the rest as reserves & go with a minimum of £1k - mainly on card.

Angela

Hi Angela,
a deposit for breakages is normally only required in some privately rented apartments but if you are staying in a hotel or apartment which is owned by a hotel( aparthotel) this is normally not required, i have seen on the internet that some private apartment owners can ask upto 300 euros deposit for breakages obviously refundable on departure, i do not think you will need to worry about that judging by the place you are staying as the golden port salou do not normally ask for this,
ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS!

Good post Keith W.Obviously I didn't know the venue Angela is going to stay at, so I just posted as I did just in case.Although in some Hotel/apartments they have started to require a deposit against breakages.Also.. others who read this might be staying in apartments etc and might appreciate the advice anyway.
Have fun Angela..with a little bit of good house-keeping, you will have plenty to enjoy yourseves with.
As Keith said, enjoy your stay in Salou, and go home with just happy memories!

Hi Angela

In reply to your question we have just returned from the Golden Port Salou.

You don't have to leave a deposit but it you get a safe for the room this will cost you 18 euros a week. You also need to pay a 6 euro deposit but you get this back when you return the key at the end of your holiday.

If you have any other questions about the hotel would be happy to help (if I can).

Maz

me my other half and little un went to salou in 2007 and spent £2000 in a week it was a great holiday went in 2008 took £1000 not so good holiday,this year we will take £2000 as i found the more money u have the better the holiday,in 2007 we went on excurtions with with the bigger budget and the budget of £1000 in 2008 we could not do that,

michael ullmann
me my other half and little un went to salou in 2007 and spent £2000 in a week it was a great holiday went in 2008 took £1000 not so good holiday,this year we will take £2000 as i found the more money u have the better the holiday,in 2007 we went on excurtions with with the bigger budget and the budget of £1000 in 2008 we could not do that,

Ummmm...Salou loves you Michael!! Can you come every week, and bring about 5,000 of your like-minded friends with you?
Way to GO!!!!!

Hi Maz

Thanks for the info re deposit & safes!

Did you enjoy your stay at the hotel? Is it far to walk to the beach? Was the food nice?
Sorry for the questions!

x

Hi Angela

Regarding our stay at the hotel this was our eighth (I think) stay there in five years and we are going back in October so this should answer two of your questions!!! It's probably not the best hotel in Salou but we love it there (me, husband and 10 year old son) and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Food is great - best hotel food I've ever had. There's lots of choice (for breakfast and dinner) so unless you're a picky eater you shouldn't go hungry. Roast beef and yorkshire pudding on Saturday nights is yummy and also do themed nights (chinese and spanish)plus gala dinner on a Friday. There have been very few occasions during my stays there that have only ended up having a chip butty for tea because didn't like the look of anything.

Not sure if it says in holiday brochure but there is also a small fridge and a kettle in the rooms.

Would say it is about a 10-15 minute walk (for us) to the beach but with two small children may take you a bit longer (if older one is walking). There are a couple of different beaches so might be best for a local to advise you as never use the beach ourselves.

Anything else I can help with, please ask.

Maz
x

Hi Angela,
with 2 small children in tow, i would advise you use the main salou beach (playa llevant), this beach has good clean sand and because of the very slight slope into the sea it is the safest beach for children (no under water hidden shelves)and the waves close to the shore are not very strong, a beach bed will cost about 4 euro each for the day

Thanks Maz for the info on the hotel! 8th time?! Wow!
Glad there's a lot of choice food wise as there should definitely be something the kids can eat then!

I *think* we are going to take the double stroller so that the older one can sit in it if we go far or go out all day - dont fancy carry him around!

Thanks for the info on the beach Keith, sounds like that will be the best one to go to!

Im really excited about going already! We booked last year but then almost had to postpone to next year due to my partners work (self employed plumber, no work around!) but luckily he's landed a contract now so holidays back on! Woohoo! Im like a big kid