Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
soft drinks rip off

why is it in salou most of the bar owners find it okay to charge the same for a pint of beer as they do for a half pint of draught coke filled with ice. I loved the place but for a family with four children trying to find something to do at night proved very expensive.I will definately go back but only with my wife,

Re: soft drinks rip off

I've always found it cheaper to drink alcohol abroad rather than soft drinks, it was always like that even in the days of the peseta. Alcohol duty is much lower in Spain, therefore I think the production costs and the eventual sale price of alcohol are probably lower than with soft drinks. Also people always research the price of alcohol before they go, whereas they don't check the price of soft drinks as much so maybe the kids are subsidising the alcohol us adults drink??

Re: soft drinks rip off

In answer to your comment about soft drinks rip off you didn´t mention about prices.In our pub a soft drink costs 1 euro 50 the same price as 5 years ago and a pint costs 2 EUROS or 2x3 EUROS in Happy Hour.IMO you need to look at the price of a round because if it includes Happy Hour it doesn´t sting as much ,does it?Businesses also have a lot of hidden costs which aren´t obvious to the customers.Have a nice holiday.