Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dentists

Hi, could anyone advise me on how dentist treatment works in Spain please (just in case!). Mrs Jacko has suddenly got close to maybe needing a tooth extraction, though hopefully not. We arrive late on Tuesday (3 nights only, d'oh!)but we might be looking for a local dentist if the antibiotics don't control it. Just thought some Salou based forum users might fill us in a bit about ease of access to dentists, and maybe even rough cost of private extraction. All of this is worst case scenario stuff, but I just need to try & reassure Mrs Jacko before we head out there. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Dentists

hi jacko been talking to hubby about teeth and he said 3 years age a young lad had a tooth out and it cost 180euro he remembers because i was so dear .sorry cant help more.smart alec hubby said just get drunk and stay drunk.dont know if he means you or mrs jacko

Having gone through the same pain a little while ago, let me give you a suggestion:
2x600mg Augmentine Plus twice a day, and 2x 300mg Ibuprofren 4 times a day (maximum dosage allowed is 2400 mg per day). Cured my infection within 24 hours, killed the pain almost immediately...and I still have the tooth some 6 weeks later. If you have Holiday insurance, you MIGHT get away with getting it extracted here, and claim the fee back. But I have utmost confidence that the Augmentine Plus, and the Ibuprofen will see you through your holiday.

Edit to add: If she DOES have an infection, any decent dentist would refuse to take it out whilst it was still infected, and would probably recommend the medication I quoted above.

Hi - there are some excellent dentists in the area who do not rip you off. My dentist charges about 58 euros for an extraction. Their phone is 977 39 54 09 (in Vila Seca, just up the road from Port Aventura).

Thanks for all of the advice guys & girls. The NHS in Rugby did a cracking job yesterday, flogging Mrs Jacko two really decent types of antibiotics, although one type means she can't hit the sauce! Co codomol seems to be making inroads with the pain as well, but we'll have a look at the Augmentine & Ibuprofin ideas tonight. Much happier now she's got the infection reducing, to be honest, Mrs Jacko looked like she'd done 3 rounds with Mike Tyson up until this morning!! Improved so much, it looks like we'll jet out to Salou tomorrow. Thanks again for kind advice.
Salut? Salou!!