Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Timer To Salou?info required

Hi,

Newbie so go easy on me

Myself,wife ans son of 23 will be visting salou for the first time for a week on the 1st June staying at the Sol Costa Daurada(any good?)

My query does not relate directly to Salou as such.

My wife and I were in Barcelona last year and did the Nou camp tour and we would like to take our son this year...Are there any organised coach trips from Salou to Barcelona that not only takes in the Nou Camp tour but also incorporates time to spend in Las Ramblas.If so whats the cost for 3 adults

Any help appreciated

Jimbo The Scot

Re: First Timer To Salou?info required

You'll save a fortune by using the train and the underground system and just going on your own.

If you look for the underground map on the web and plan your trip before you go its a cinch. You can also get underground tickets in Barcelona that can be used 4 or 5 times.

I done this last year when staying in Callela and cant speak a word of Spanish and managed with no problems.

You can contact Rob from Touchdown Tours http://www.touchdowntours.co.uk/?refere=saloucouk
contact@touchdowntours.co.uk
He will send you information on trips to Barcelona.

Neil
Its an organised trip I was looking for as I`m disabled and really cannot be doing with the hassle of the train to Barcelona then Metro once there

You can contact Rob from Touchdown Tours http://www.touchdowntours.co.uk/?refere=saloucouk
contact@touchdowntours.co.uk
He will send you information on trips to Barcelona

Thanks,will drop him an email

Hey Jimbo,
A fellow Scot,lol. You guys will enjoy Sol Costa Daurada - stayed there couple of years ago and although its around 5mins back from the main bit, which lets face it is perfect, its a great location. Not far on the bus to Port Aventura from there either. Hopefully you'll be half board - faultless tbh, even with 5mins to go until the end of meal times, the kitchen staff were still putting fresh, hot food out This will be my 4th time in Salou this year, i'm 30 and have been with friends and family and we all love it. Hope you have a fab holiday

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the info on the Hotel sounds good and yes were half board.Hope this allowed on this forum but would like to pick your brains on a fewer other things Kelly

How long does it take from the hotel to the main hub of pubs etc and is there a bus runs from the hotel to Port Aventura?(times)..I suffered a serious injury playing football many years ago and having a walking disability and walk with a stick and struggle walking distances so need to suss out these things

I`m sure we`ll have a fab holiday,and thanks

Jimbo The Scot

Hi Jimbo..

we used the plana bus last year,It was a fantastic organised coach trip,you will see the plana staff along the streets in little yellow jackets..

We paid 27,90 euro each last year,this included the Nou camp,and 3 and a half hrs free time in Ramblas.

We stayed in cap salou and the coach picked us up outside of the hotel at 11.25....return approx,20:oo

Hope this is a help to you.

Jackie x

Jackie
Hi Jimbo..

We paid 27,90 euro each last year,this included the Nou camp,and 3 and a half hrs free time in Ramblas.
Jackie x

Thanks Jackie...Had heard about them and thats just the kinda trip were looking for...Sounds great

27,90 euro,was that your entry into the Nou Camp and I take it the bus waits on you at the Nou Camp then takes you to Las Ramblas?

Thanks again,info appreciated

Hi Jimbo,

Yes that is your ticket included,..which takes you into..FC Barcelona museum,dressing rooms,football pitch,director box,and press room.

You have a guide on the bus,(she was great)they sell drinks on the bus also.They give you a time to be back on the bus after the Nou camp,then take you to catalunya square,(Ramblas etc.

The bus drops off close to everything Jimbo,so you only need walk as much as you would like.
Hope this helps you x

Jackie x

Hi Jackie,

Thats brilliant,just what were looking for.

Thanks again for the info,appreciated.

i went on the tour for neu camp stadium last oct, great day out, the tour guide on the bus will tell you beware of pick pockets in la ramblas ( good advice).
This seems to be the hub for pick pockets although we never fell foul of any but as in any major city BEWARE, the tour was excellent and you have about 3 hours of free time to go shopping etc.
Its a pity we did not have longer as Barcelona is MASSIVE, you could spend a week and still not see everything, GREAT DAY OUT GO FOR IT !!.

hi jimbo me and my family stayed in the sol costa dorada 2 years ago great hotel and sutable for the family,
the supermarket is 2 mins away,train station to barcelona 2mins away portaventura 5mins away the hotel is in a great location the staff are great,rooms cleaned every day,and when we stayed a woman came around offering excurtions to the mountains and barcelona we paid 96euro for 3ppl to go to camp nou,barcelona zoo and to the harbour where over the bridge you can get to la rambla's,hope you have a great hol,let us know when you get back

Thanks for all your replies, all the info is very much appreciated.

Counting the days