Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Xcapewithus.com go bust!!

Anybody who has accommodation booked with Xcapewithus.com may or may not know that they have ceased trading.

See the link below if you are booked with them.

As is usual in these circumstances, payments by credit card have a better chance of being refunded.

http://www.xcapewithus.com/

Hopefully not to many people will be affected.

Jim

Re: Xcapewithus.com go bust!!

my son & partner lives in salou & i visit 3 -4 times a year
& we always stay with them
they had a baby this year & too many family out at the same time we arrived on the wednesday so i booked for me & husband to stay in an apartment from the saturday & after asking around i booked the cordoba apartments & they were very nice but we had a nightmare to get the keys to the apartment
on my print out it said we have to go brisasol to get the keys & the spanish guy said no he dont know any thing about it i tryed phoning number xcape gave me but it wouldnt go through & he told us to go to the cordoba apartments & ask there or ask in the bar next to apartments ? & the spanish guy there said he dont speak any english but my son speaks catalan & told us to try next door & there was a scotish guy there & he dint know & he said try the universal holiday centre & we went there & spoke a Peter Van Diest & he was the director general he was very helpful he went on xcape website & got a different phone number than they had given me so i phoned & got through & the woman was very very arogant she said that she couldnt understand my welsh accent & didnt know what i was saying i asked to speak to someone else & she said she was the only one there anyway she said we had to pick keys up in the old town ( im glad we didnt have our cases ) we had to put address in sat nav to find it ,got keys & looked around apartment & when we came out we seeen a couple dragging their cases looking lost & we stopped & asked them if they are looking for keys & they were & my son took them in car to get them but how many other people with kids & cases had to go through this ? it took us 3 hours to get keys i am changing to south wales welsh woman as there are 2 welsh women on site

For heaven's sake use a FULL STOP now and then!! I was holding my breath the whole way though that,waiting for a chance to draw breath, and nearly died!

Grammar Police
For heaven's sake use a FULL STOP now and then!! I was holding my breath the whole way though that,waiting for a chance to draw breath, and nearly died!

I always think that people whose only contribution is to comment on peoples grammar or spelling are lacking in MANNERS!

Grammar Police
And its your lack of requiring standards that results in the way people write on a PUBLIC FORUM! It also shows lack of respect for the people who are trying to READ IT. Whatever happened to personal pride?? Yeah..politically correct people like Swan just lowered the bar another notch. WHY is it so hard to write the QUEEN'S English?

I'm a tutor for special needs people, adults who can't read or write properly but try their best to get by. I wouldn't want them discriminated against because they might make a few mistake, or to be afraid to post.
All public forums would die a death if people had to worry about being criticised for such trivial things. Sometimes it's wiser not to judge until you know all the facts - no one is perfect (unless you are).
By the way, I'm not expecting you to see my point of view but I won't lose any sleep over it.

I would be VERY surprised if Welsh Woman took very kindly to being considered somebody of special needs . The more you facilitate somebody not trying, the less they will endeavour. But then, that is not a criteria for you, maybe? Just be assured that I do more than most for special needs children and adults, when I have the opportunity. And from that experience, I can assure you they try harder than 'normal' people ever would. WHAT is wrong, I will ask you again, with trying to be better every day?

My goodness, how did you come to the interpretation that I insinuated that Welsh woman was special needs. My son is also special needs and I agree that they try very hard and face a lot of bigoted people along the way, and those with 'hidden disabilities' suffer most discriination.
To me being nice is more important than being clever or being right, and pointing out peoples faults doesn't make YOU better. So in my eyes you have failed in your quest to be better today. To be absolutely blunt I find it rude to comment on grammar and spelling.
I await your predictable response with interest.....

swan
Grammar Police

I always think that people whose only contribution is to comment on peoples grammar or spelling are lacking in MANNERS!

This was YOUR first contribution to the thread, swan. Pot kettle..kettle pot

south wales welsh woman - that sounds like an awful start to your break It's a good job that you're familiar with Salou or you would have been desparate. it was really nice of your son to give the others a lift too xx

yeah i booked the salou park,24 may for 5 days ,visa debit ,been looking forward to this since dec,these companies are sickening

Jim posted this thread as a serious issue about a holiday company going bust,why is it some people have to comment on grammar rather than following up with a decent comment on the same issue, please allow people to follow threads on serious issues, it may mean a lot to some, could be a lost holiday or a lot of money at stake.
It seems that some people just do not care about others or their mis-fortunes,i wonder how they would feel if their holiday was lost causing grief and heartache to themselves.

i just re. read the posts & i also work with adults with learning diffs & mental health & we promote them to be them selves & express themselves ...., /,/ maybe ive been doing job to long ,,,,....//,./,./,./

My comment was not so barbed as some here are trying to imply,welsh woman, and judging by your reply above, I rather think you understood that better than the 'Etiquette Police'

in my work i am tolerant of people that i work with that make mistakes, and i dont judge them ,.,.;
but i do draw the line at people that say they are 'NORMAL ' its always the ones that think they are normal that says this ,,,.,.../-
and then make fun of people that they say are not 'normal WHAT IS NORMAL ? we all have our own ways of doing things & we all have a bit of autism in us yeah including you grammar police i find these people are usualy so ignorant so what if i didnt do a , or a . the 'normal'people who read it only comented on what i wrote & not how i had written it .,,,[];'./ i also think we have gone off the original post . did grammar police work for xcape ? i say work for because they have gone bust .
isnt this post what ist all about ?

I refer to my last reply, this thread was created on a serious issue, why is everybody going on a tangent about something as petty as grammar, this has nothing to do with the original topic.
To some people this is a very serious issue,we do not care about grammar or if anybody is a special needs teacher, i am sure the mods will agree everybody has the right (within reason) to put whatever they want on this site but but it is for promotion of salou and an information site first and formost,please lets get back to the original topic which was about a holiday company going bust.