Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nappies pullups milk

Where coming out 4 2 weeks in june/july an stopping at sanguli, we will have 2 1 yr olds who need nappies 1 3 yrs old need pull ups an cow an gate milk 4 the 1yr olds. was just wondering if there as cheap to buy over there as here or r we best fetching r own? any help would b greatful xx

Re: Nappies pullups milk

the best place ive found to buy nappies in salou is mercadonas own brand they have normal nappies and pull up ones, i find them to be better than pampers or huggies, not so sure on the cow and gate formula as i use aptamil which is almiron here hopefully some other nice person could help you out on that one

found it hard to get pampers last year ended up buying own brand and they werent that good also couldnt get cow and gate milk so id say def bring your own http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/travel/spain/
check out this site it advises bringing your own formula also be careful with the water you use for sodium if i were you id bring the ready made its so handy more expensive but worth it

Don't buy the own brand! i made that mistake last year of not taking any with me and regretted it, the own brand are like paper,my son who was nearly 2 then was soaked after an hour in these ,was a nightmare changing his clothes all the time!,I have seen cow and gate at the pharmacys .

Pampers nappies in Spain are called DODOT, you can get Baby Dry and Active Fit in Salou at most supermarkets.

Thank you all for replys think we will take milk as they can b fuzzy, didnt think about water thought it b ok 4 them to drink? it would b 2 much weight to fetch 4 2 babies ready made milk. think will pack as much nappies as can then buy what rest need have took note of the dodot brand again thanks alot xxxx

Hi there,

We took our 5 month old to Salou twice last summer and I found that the nappies were very expensive and even the Dodot didn't seem to be as good quality as the pampers from home (2nd time we went I took a case full of Pamper - LOL)

As for milk my son was on SMA which is not available in Spain so we had to take it with us, we took the powdered form as for 2 weeks would needed 3 tins - so goodness knows how much ready made we would have had to take!

I found this article - it may help you a little:

"I am taking my five-month-old baby on holiday to Spain and am worried about what water I should use to make up his formula. I have read that I should not use bottled water, so what would you recommend?"

A "If you can ascertain that the local drinking water is OK, then boil that in the same way as you do at home. If you are not sure, then use bottled water. Be careful, though, because some bottled waters contain too much salt for babies. You will need to check the sodium levels on the label. A sodium level of less than 20mg per litre is OK, but less than 10mg per litre is preferable. Choose a reputable named water, ideally one that you have heard of before, but do not rely on that alone. You will then need to boil this water before you make up your baby's bottles.

We got back on monday after a week with a 1 year old and i would recommened that you take your own nappies as said before the local ones are poor, i could not find Cow+Gate anywhere as we ran out with 2 days to go and we bought local milk and managed to get by,take your own supplies it is a nice place and enjoy your holiday.

the pampers definitely arn't as good as ours thats what we used and they were terrible! one wee and that's all it seems to hold lol , try and take as many as you can!