Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tesco's, aldi etc....

Hi, i am staying in salou self catering this year and was wondering where i would have to go for a large supermarket like aldi or tesco etc....
many thanks

Re: tesco's, aldi etc....

you wont find any thing like that in Salou, however their own and also British supermarkets do stock a lot of things including british goods but they are nowhere as big as the two you mentioned but you can easily get anything you need

If you go up the old town Calle Barcelona just over the train tracks to your right you will find a supermarket called mercadona and up the oad on the left there is intermache. They are not as big as aldi or tesco but they are cheaper than the shops in resort.

Also if you're coming by or hiring a car you have both Aldi and Lidl at less then 20 minutes drive.

Mercadonna has british tea bags.
There Brand Name is Hacendado is very Good.

If you prefer Brand names such as coke Then Intermache is cheaper. and they hold a bigger range of international goods + they do plates forks knive light bulbs etc....

Lost.

Lost.

Also a huge Carrefour in Tarragona.... but car required

Hi lost,
Thankyou for your reply, could you pls tell me where the aldi and lidl is as i don't mind getting a taxi there and back.
many thanks

I would like to thank everyone who as replied to my post THANKYOU

We shopped at Lidl in Vila Seca last year and found it to be better than their UK stores.

There's an hourly bus service to Vila Seca from Salou, but not sure how close to Lidls it goes.

Note the Lidl here in Spain is much higher quality than Aldi with relative prices.

Click on link to get to Lidl which is in Cambrils (next town south of Salou) it's on the the n340 road before you get to Cambrils on the left. It's a little difficult to cross.

Ver mapa más grande

click on next link to get to Aldi Vila Seca just before you come to the town centre. (this is the next village to the east of Salou)

Ver mapa más grande

HAVING SAID ALL THAT THE PRICES AT THE LOCAL BAR/RESTAURANTS ARE VERY GOOD I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHIPPIES "ON CALLE AMPOSTA". AND CHECK THIS SITE FOR MANY MORE.

THANKYOU EVERYONE YOU'VE BEEN A BIG HELP THANKYOU.