Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pound going up.

It seems that the pound at last its beginning to pick up.
By Yahhoo finances it is today at 1.1254 against the Euro.

Hope it will keep going up for you all.

Re: Pound going up.

The pound lost nearly 2c today..... it seems to creep up to around the 1.14 mark. We all get excited and hope it will go forth and hit 1.20+. Then an invisible wall clicks in and back it goes to below 1.10.
I don't suppose the Darling budget helped. OK if you are a motor manufacturer but a great big kick in the Bingley's if you like a pint in the local. 40 pubs closing per week in the UK and once again alcohol duty is increased. By the way if you did not know already the 2% rise in alcohol duty is also subject to VAT. Tax on a tax. He is not our Darling ... more like a word which starts with the letter that precedes 'D' in the alphabet!

The AV Kid
He is not our Darling ... more like a word which starts with the letter that precedes 'D' in the alphabet!

AV, the only one I can think of would be CHANCELLOR!

Surely shome mishtake........?

Ho, Ho.... you are quite correct Jacko.

Could you possibly think I meant something else? How dare you!

went to change some money for next week the best i could get was 1.08 i should have got it before mr darling put his oar in

I have to be honest, even with the money squeeze, we're only going to be spending the cash we've not blown by cutting back on going out every weekend at home. Top notch price with R*%nair of 25 quid each for early June is the reason we're coming back so soon......well that AND Mrs Jacko being kind of insistent that as we came over for her birthday in March, we could do the same for mine in June (can you see why I married her 30 years ago now???). Looking forward to the grand return! See y'all then.

By the way AV, I originally thought you meant COMEDIAN of course, ha ha!

Carthorse, Cretin, Charlatan, Clodhopper, Chav, Chump, Clown, Creep...... the list goes on!