Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
which barcelon train station?

which destination barcelona train station do i choose for a day out there?

Re: which barcelon train station?

You can get the train to Barcelona Sants.

Is the next station not better?? Can't remember it's name but you come up onto the street with Gaudi's house across the road.

I don’t know as the only station that I have stopped at is Sants, maybe someone else can advice.

The station you are looking for which is more central is Paseio de Gracia..thats outside Gaudi,s house then you walk straight down to thePlaza Cataluna which is the centre.

Hi BRY 37
Get off the train at PASEO DE GRACIA It's the stop after SANTS.Trains leaving Salou:
7.07 arriving in Barcelona at 8.43
8.43 arriving ................10.12
Buy a return ticket. Cost 12.10€ (great value!)
Returning to Salou
17.57 arriving in Salou at 19.25
20.50......................22.22 (These are the last 3 trains)
I think it's worth getting the Barcelona Tourist Bus You can check it out at www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com Gives lots of info and click on the tourist bus on the left.Lets you see most of the interesting places and you can hop on and off as you please. You can get the bus at Plaça Catalunya.(When you come out of station walk down the promenade and you will see a big square on your right - that's Plaça Catalunya) Be sensible with wallets etc and have a great time. It's a great day out!

Friday is the official start of our winter festival so if you're still around on Sunday you might enjoy seeing the "Giants" at 11.30ish in C/ Barcelona There are also a couple of things going on near the port; At 12 Sardanas(traditional Catalan dance) Bit boring-certainly not the Highland Fling!and at 13.30 there's Escudella(traditional dish) for everyone and a band playing to add a bit of atmosphere. The Hotel will be able to give you directions. Whatever you decide to do, ENJOY!

thanx P.Train Spotter
brilliant info and great help

Suggestion MOd, put this up or at least the train information as a sticky and save having to answer the question over and over in the summer

Thanks Mav for the suggestion. Will do

You're very welcome Bry37 Anything else just ask, though I don't always have time to look at the website.
If you want Moderator, I'll post train times when they bring out their new timetable on 1st Feb.It will probably be the same as now with just a few small changes.

Thanks Train Spotter that would be much appreciated. You can send me an email. Thanks

all back and barcelona was cool .. thanx for the help it went exactly as you planned for me... cheers

Well done Maggie!!! Just couldn't remember the name of station.

The new timetable for Barcelona-Salou and Salou-Barcelona from RENFE has been added to the Salou Uncovered Transports page.
Copy and paste the link.

http://www.salou.co.uk/PagesUK/transportsUK.html

Would I be right in thinking Barcelona Franca station would be the station closest to the zoo?

Also is I was to get off at Franca station do you know how long a walk it would be to the zoo?

Many Thanks