Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
catalonia gardens please share experiences thanks!

please let me know anything and everything about these apartments i.e. safety, etc

Re: catalonia gardens please share experiences thanks!

Hi Paul,

Follow the link for some more information.
http://pub23.bravenet.com/forum/1896262896/show/732217

Regards

Santy

If you haven't already booked, my advice would be to find somewhere else to stay!! The block is very tired and grubby and incredibly noisy, especially at the weekends. If you are young and intend to be out clubbing until late and only use the place to sleep, then I guess you'll be happy enough. If, however, you have children I would not recommend staying here. Only my opinion but I stayed there once and vowed never again!!

It is all personal opinion Paul. You don't pay top price for these apartments. they are part residential, and it's not the nicest looking building, but the genneral area is good with plenty of local bars/clubs, and the pool area is nice.

The apartments are quite big, and yes, it is a little noisier than other places, but if you are like me, and could sleep on a clothes line after a few pints, it won't bother you at all. It's the resort we go for, the couple of hours spent in an apartment, either slightly dingy, OR luxurious, is irrelevant. Just enjoy your holiday in Salou. Tom.

PODIUM APTS please share experiences thanks!

PODIUM APARTMENTS please share experiences thanks!

Re: PODIUM APTS please share experiences thanks!

Hi everybody
I was there last season, great fun! great time! love salou anyway....Podium has changed a lot!!! has a new bar, a new staff and a new manager...so my appartment was very cute.... also very new but my parents wasnt....anyway.....hope you enjou Salou

Hi, I stayed in the Podium apartments last yr, and had a great time. We had an apartment that looked like it was newly refurbished. The staff were helpful and polite, actualy we have just booked to go back this yr. But this time we are booking direct (works out cheaper with the ryanair flights to Reus)Maybe see you there.

Liam

What about the location? Shops, pubs...Are they close to the beach? Many thanks

Dear Laura,

The apartments are centrally located and near the beach (about 5 mins)If you would like further information you can go to the IBERSOL link on this website or www.ibersol.es, we are also now selling on ebay.

Regards

Lucy

Hi Paul, I posted this about Catalonia Gardens on another thread about 3 weeks ago, following me & Mrs Jacko's sneaky break to Salou. We rented a privately owned apartment from a London based lady, so I can't vouch for those that are booked through different agencies........

FROM MR & MRS JACKO:
We've just spent 4 nights at the Catalonia Gardens, and I have to be honest....we were prepared for the worst! Fully expecting to be falling over drunks, louts, druggies and all sorts of ne'er do wells, I assumed that we'd be leaving in a hurry after the first night. However, we had no problems there with the residents or the building. YES, the building is quite 'tired' and the privately owned apartment we rented was fraying round the edges a bit, but I can tell you, we would much rather have been there than back in the UK over the past 5 days! Initially disappointed that we were located on the outside of block (looking over at the Internacional 11) we were then absolutely landed to have full sun on our 6th floor balcony from about 11am, all day! Brilliant. The building was a little hard to locate at first, but once we were in there, the apartment was adequate for our cheap get-away. Lights? All worked. Locks? All worked. Lifts? All worked. Water / Electricity? You see the pattern forming! When we met residents in the foyer or at the gate, we were always greeted with a cheery 'Hola' etc. We didn't feel worried or threatened at all. Yes, it's only the start of the season, and there wasn't much sign of decorating going on to smarten up the communal areas, but if you are already booked into this property, and are dreading it because of other reviews on other sites, it's not as bad as it's been made out to be. Yes, tired, yes...tatty, but it's well located for a beer & a bite! Looks like more bars are cleaning up in readiness to open again soon, but Mid March suited me & Mrs Jacko. This accomodation is cheap, but it had a roof, a balcony and all the necessary bits to ensure a successful get-away. Obviously, if you get a balcony with sun, even better! Thanks to all in Salou who made us welcome, and THANKS TO THE MODERATOR for arranging non-stop sunshine & 22 degrees each day this week!! The accuracy of your weekly forecast has a touch of the Mystic Meg about it. Well done!
So...to those already booked in the Catalonia Gardens this year, don't go topping yourself, you'll get through it.....come on, you're British (or Irish). I have stayed in worse places to get a bit of sunshine (Iraq '03) so if it's cheap, it ain't going to be the Ritz. Enjoy!

I stayed in the Catalonia Gardens in July of this year with my family and some friends and to be honest for the price we paid the accomodation was really good. The apartments were basic but clean and equipped with everything you would normally need on a self catering holiday...reception staff were polite and helpful in booking us excursions etc... Altogether the holiday was great and also really cheap!!