General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Language - or what do they really mean?

Morontia! Lovely word, ain't it? Some UB readers facetiously snicker and say it is because we are morons.
Sorry. Nope. No way! OK, we may be morons, but that is not what our friends meant. I am sure.
There is a Latin intr. verb (1st decl.): moror = to temporarily dwell, linger. The pres.part. form is morantis, and we know that the "-ia" or "-tia" ending denotes place. Ergo: morontia means the place where we will dwell for a while, a temporary stop-over on our inward journey.

Another question is the name of our planet. Urantia.
If you Google "Ur" you will find that it is derived from the German ur, as in ur-quelle, ur-alt, meaning original source, and old- beyond-ancient respectively.
There is an indo-european word: 'euer', in Sanskrit: 'vari', ancient German: 'aura', and anglo-saxon: 'e'ar' meaning water,sea, ocean, wet. Our planet does have a lot of water, and if you see it from way out above the Pacific, you'd think there was no land at all. (Check it out on Google Earth!)
So, there we are. Which meaning should we read into the word Urantia? Or is it simply the way we pronounce it that comes close to what it would sound like in Local Universe or system language?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Re: Language - or what do they really mean?

So Christel,

"Morontia" means dwelling place for a while...We have morontia bodies after we die, we are morontia beings in the mansion worlds. Is this right?

Do we not keep this morontia body & status throughout the ascent to the Paradise Journey?

Please shed some light > > > > >

The morontia 'body' we get when we 'wake up'. This body has to be tweaked for each step upward. From imperfect material, to less material, to a bit spiritual to - eventually - perfected beings. I forget exactly how many such transformations we have to go through before we reach Havona, but it is in the hundreds.
Page 534-35, the Second Mansion World, explains the early ones. More up-grades take place on constellation level, read Citizenship on Edentia, p 495.
You find the Transporters on p 430-31, - they are Superior Seraphim to boot!

Ok, found it! Page 542. Should have looked there in the first place. 570 separate and ascending morontia changes between here and Salvington(local univ.), 8 in the system, 71 in constellation and 491 on Salvington, where we become first-stage spirits.
Then we have to get through minor and major sectors and then Orvonton, before we go to the long sleep journey to Central Univ/Havona. Good to know we have Eternity to do it in, or we may never make it!

Whew! Thank you Christel. It is always helpful to 'hear' a human being break it down and tell it to me in real terms, because it is mind boggling.

Because of all the 570 changes our morontia bodies go through, indeed the true meaning of 'morontia' seems applicable as you had originally explained it....which is that the word 'morontia' means temporarily. We will truly be in each evolution of morontia body "temporarily" in terms of eternity. The word 'morontia' now makes sense. I did not know what it meant before.

If I got this wrong, let me know.

Thanks for all the references. Will have to read.

570 changes! My gosh!

What is interesting to me is that in each morontia "body" we become more "real" - our outsides more accurately reflect our insides. And incredibly, we will always recognize the personalities that we knew on Urantia and the morontia worlds.

Spirit fused vs Adjuster fused p.534, parag 6

"Spirit fused survivors ocupy the mansion worlds in common with the Adjuster-fused ascending mortals."

Who are Spirit fused survivors?
Who is an example?

I realize an Adjuster fused survivor would be a mortal who has fused with their Adjuster.

Re: Spirit fused vs Adjuster fused p.534, parag 6

We have the potential to fuse with our Adjusters, the Father fragment, but there are others from different stages of planetary development, who will not become Finaliters, but will stay on as permanent citizens of the Local universe. Paper 40, The Ascending Sons of God explains it better. P 443.
In the Relation of Adjusters to Univ. Creatures, sect 3, p 1197 you see that there are situations where 'new' and inexperienced adjusters get their training on more primitive planets, but then leave. They are liaison adjusters, not fusion adjusters. They are on loan as it were. These folks have another chance, they may fuse with the Mother Spirit.
They have really thought of every eventuality!

Thank you, Christel:

So Spirit fused survivors are those who fuse with the Mother Spirit?

Were they mortals to begin with, like us?

If they were mortals then I am guessing hey would have received a Thought Adjuster , therefore I am thinking that Spirit fused survivors are a different type of entity than ascending mortals like us.

Is there a known example of Spirit fused survivor?

I know that Lanaforge was a mortal who fused with his Thought Adjuster. (Does that make him a "finaliter"? )

Yes, spirit fused survivors were mortals on worlds during the early, primitive stages. They sometimes have adjusters, Father fragments, but only for the short duration of their short lives, and they are not able to fuse with a Father fragment, for various reasons. See p 445-7.
As you see there are 3 types of mortals with different outcomes re fusion. The non-breathers, for instance, belong to the 2nd type.

As for Lanaforge....he is a Lanonandek Son. They belong to the 3rd order of sons created by Creator Son and Local Mother Univ. Spirit. The first two are of course the Melchizedeks, and the Vorondadeks. The 4th is the Life Carriers. Paper 35, pp 384-395.
Lanaforge was never a mortal.

Hi Joy and Christel. Spirit fused mortals are fused with a fragment of the Mother Spirit, whose home is our local universe, therefore they become permanent residents of the local universe. Son-fused mortals are permanent residents of the superuniverse, and Father-fused mortals (us) are fused with a fragment of the Universal father, so our destiny is Paradise, as finaliters.
The spirit fused mortals have the opportunity to be part of the destiny of the local universe and watch and participate in the evolution of 10,000 worlds to light and life. We are just "passing through".

As finaliters, we will be working in the outer space levels with the new worlds. Those mortals will then journey inward through the superuniverse level (that we are in right now). They will then be met by the Spirit fused mortals who will serve, teach, and welcome them to this area of the universe. They will have acquired incredible wisdom due to their long experience at this level.

There is no "better" destiny. All mortals have their designated destiny. We are Father-fused so will be on the unlimited adventure to the wild worlds in formation now!

pg 717. Andon and Fonta were Father-fused, but most of their children were Spirit-fused. Andon and Fonta ascended to Jerusem, but then asked to return to the first mansion world so they could personally welcome the mortals from Urantia as they arrive.
Can't wait to meet them! Our first humans!

pg 1178.The Father fragments must be the gift of the absolute God to those creatures whose destiny encompasses the possibility of the attainment of God as Absolute. (which is amazing that we will attain that. Right now God the Supreme (the evolutionary God) is developing.

The Supreme

When my chicken died last week, I offered up her essence to the Supreme and then realized that the Supreme was not only experiencing the mortal lives in this universe level of the 7 superuniverses, but also is experiencing ALL of the life. The animals, the plants, the planets, all the mortals, all the supermortal beings - everything.
And then I thought of all the horrible suffering and evil that the Supreme must also have to experience (as well as the love and goodness). It is an overwhelming thought.

Re: The Supreme

Christel, how do I get a picture of me on here?

Re: The Supreme

As an immediate response, I am sorry to hear about your chicken, Debbie.

And your observation is profound - that while the Supreme experiences all life, it also means that the Supreme expeiences evil and suffering and that is a whole lot of suffering and evil to experience. It would be a tremendous weight for a human to bear.
I am so relieved I don't have that responsibility.

Thank you for all the other posts which I shall take time to digest.