Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spends!

Local
I understand that AV. But what is the point in trying to maintain a decent quality Restaurant Bar, if all we get are cheapskates who bring nothing to the Resort? We do our absolute best to provide excellence of service and quality fare, only to throw it all away because nobody wants to spend the small amount extra to buy decent food and drink? Our waste bin enjoys a better meal every day than we do, so we might just as well all give up, or put up OUR prices for rubbish menus and drink, just to be able to earn enough to stay open and pay rent/mortgage, food, electricity and staff...let alone the ridiculous government charges we are saddled with, which NEVER come down.
The trouble is, it has all become about the CUSTOMER, and NOT the venue. If I hear one more order for 2 plates of chips between four people, and see them drinking out of a supermarket bottle of Coke under the table,I will scream

Dont tar eveybody with the same brush. I will be taking my family to Salou in July and there is no way I would dream of feeding my Son on hotdog and chips for a fortnight. We enjoy good quality cooked food and like to visit local restaurants even though we are half board and save all year to enjoy the luxury of eating where we want and visiting places we want to go during our holiday.

Hi i agree with The Av Kid, i would budget around 100 euro per day, with a little extra put to one side,its best to take too much than not enough

Nice one Nicola. This is a great place for a holiday so come and enjoy yourselves. If you let us know what sort of things you want to get involved in,tell us and we can point you in the right direction. Often one can come on holiday and spend the first three or four days getting one's bearings,so if we can short cut that for you,please shout!