Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Port Aventura

I looked at the PA website before my previous post where I also mentioned the new Shambhala 2012 ride.
As 'Sunshine' says there are no 2012 prices as yet. Attractiontix are among a few third party websites with prices

Ticket prices for 2012 seem to be showing now but why is there such s huge increase in the 14 day ticket. Last year it was around 80 pounds now its showing at 145 pounds.

I dont know why but I could take a guess....people had been buying 14 day passes, using them for 2 or 3 days and then selling them on. Perhaps PA have increased this option to dissuade this sort of activity? Two and three day passes seem pretty much the same as 2011

I liked the 14 day ticket because it gave us the flexibility over our 2 week stay to go as and when we wanted. However at the price they are at now there is no way I can afford the 14 day ticket for my family. If only they did the 4 day or 7 day ticket with flexibility over 2 weeks.

Why the big increase theres no way we will be going for anymore than the 2 day ticket this year. We also have in the past bought 14 day pass and then went when we want to suit our schedule and we always spent money in the park whether it be on food drink or gifts. I am really disappointed with the massive increase in price.

Cant believe the prices theyre asking now! Always bought the 14 day pass too even though we only go 5 or 6 times within the 2 weeks, now theres no chance at that price(£700 for family of 5 is the cheapest i've seen so far! 2 years ago it was less than £300).
Is there any chance they'll have a rethink?

I do not think they will change their minds. You might get some sort of special offers mid Season onwards after they evaluate attendances. Their mind is made up on the 14 day pass.... it was abused by many and they tried to make it foolproof which proved unsuccesful.
If I see or hear of anything I will repost

Thats a real shame I dont know why they cant just take a photo on your first visit then the tickets would need to be used by the ticket holder.

I have boughht the 14 day pass on my previous 3 visits to Salou and had intended to this year but there is no way I can afford to at the price its at now.