Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salou bars in May

Hi all,
This has probably been asked before but we're a couple of blokes (but not a couple!!) late 40's coming to Salou May 2nd next year for 8 nights.
Will the weather be OK then and can you recommend any good bars - not into nightclubs really but bars with plenty of life and people our (sort of) age group - quizzes ,karaoke that sort of thing.
Will Salou be busy at this time of year?
Also any bars with bookies?
Thanks

Re: Salou bars in May

hi, yes the season will start to kick off by then.All shops,bars,restaurants etc will be open. MURPHYS BAR will be open,showing football,horse racing,GAA, etc(also have a pool table) call into us for a pint. Its opposite Salou Pacific hotel on the street calle penedes.Have a great holiday and enjoy soaking up the sunshine!!

Thanks for replying Murphy's.
No doubt we'll be calling in sometime for a pint or two (or eight!!)
We're stopping at Jaime 1 so it's a canny walk to yours but we're hoping to do most of the pubs in Salou - is this possible in eight days???

Im sure you wont have a problem making an effort... :)The entertainment in the jaime 1 (in my opinion)isnt the best but Your not far from the likes of robin hood with its enterainment, a bit of karaoke, tribute bands. Danny Boys which has live entertainment, different irish bands and dancers, even elvis or its sister bar Temple bar. Your pretty central in the jaime1. Irish bars always have good craic. we were in dannyboys in may and it was really busy last year. Later in the eveing youhave the victoria aswell which is only about a 10min walk away which has live entertainment like buddy holly, female rock tribute, elvis, a rock band and followed by karaoke...you can;t beat it!

Bonz ,007.bonz.thats the place to be ,danny boy ,temple bar ,patricks, the flower of scotland ,if you are jocks .? Go and see benny,he,s a cool dude ,,!

Thanks for the info Sarah and Geronimo
We'll be getting into Salou about half three in the afternoon and straight out for a slurp so most of the bars could be done first day!!
No Geronimo we're not Jocks- we're from County Durham - I know it's up north but it ain't Scotland! - like the Scottish though and I love my karaoke.
If any of you are there you're quite welcome to join us for a tipple
Happy Christmas and have a wonderful New Year

All the best to you and yours , we can take a few scalps when you come out , bonz, nobody does it better !,,!

THE DUBLINER, CAP SALOU, LIVE MUSIC WED, THURS, AND SAT' WORTH THE VISIT.