Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: White Sky Card ?

You can get 5 FTA HD channels on Sky Freesat. They are BBC1 HD, BBC HD, 4HD, ITV1 HD & 5HD. The Sky HD box must be connected to your TV via an HDMI cable. A HD Ready TV has a 720 resolution. Full HD at 1080 gives a better picture.
To access the Sky+ recording features you need a minimum subscription from Sky linked to a UK address.
Also to get full recording capability you need a twin LNB on your satellite dish and two wires from the dish back to the digibox. The digibox needs 2 signals. It cannot get this from one LNB and if you try splitting the signal on one LNB in Spain beware of poor reception.
To get recording capability without a subscription you need need a non-Sky Freesat+ Digibox with a hard drive.... sometimes called a PVR. I would recommend a Humax 500gb or Bush 250gb. You can them from Argos or on eBay. These boxes STILL need dual LNB/2 wires for full function timed recordings

Thanks Again

Just curious.. ..are you related to Joyce, who posted the same question on Spotlight? Or is somebody selling job-lot digiboxes with white cards, and no information?
Poor ol' AV Kid...he'll be worn out in no time dashing back and forth answering these questions with his excellent knowledge. I always thought AV stood for Audio Visual...logical considering your expertise ...somebody put me right the other day, Aston Villa Kid
Kudos again for your very knowledgeable and helpful information on the Forums..you ROCK!!!
Nick

Bill and Joyce must be asking about the same problem. Maybe someone is selling cards/boxes and taking advantage of the situation.. lets hope they catch a cold.
Thanks for your kind words Nick. Taking into consideration the current Villa form I sometimes wish I was Audio Visual! I was a novice 10 years ago... but I have picked it up by trial, error and google .. mostly driven by the Murdoch empire and their greed to control all things multimedia! I don't want to see ex-pats (or Spanish for that matter) being ripped off by Sky or others jumping on the media bandwagon