Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: End on season

MOD, 45 MINS Barcalona to Salou! i assume that is by rail , last time it took about 1 and a half hours by road in a taxi transfer

Winter time, average 45-50 minutes. I've done it in 38 minutes...but don't tell the Mossos
If you take the 'cheap' route to avoid the tolls, it will take an hour or more.

We found Barca airport quite hard work in September, but if it gives us the opportunity to dip into Salou for a weekend over the winter, it's a winner!

If El Prat went to the Doc's it would be diagnosed with schizophrenia! It can be a joy to go through.... nice shops, good services and decent bars. At other times a nightmare.... late planes, queue's everywhere and traffic holdups.
You might say its like any other airport but I cannot name one with such a variance in service. How it will cope if Ryanair moves most of its flights there I do not know. BMIBaby have already taken up a lot of new slots from Spring in 2012. I just hope we do not see a repeat of the MyTravelLite(Late) days... planes consistently late and sometimes cancelled for no apparent reason
One tip if there are two or more of you travelling to Salou via El Prat. Hire a car. You will get a great Winter deal on car hire either via Ryanair or holidayautos.co.uk and it will probably work out cheaper on transfers alone. If you do hire a car... send the driver ahead through customs, collect any baggage for them and let the driver get in the carhire queue! The fast toll motorway (C32/AP7) will take you an hour, door to door, unless you let Nick aka Vettel drive. The slow route is much longer than an hour and can be more like two(N340) BUT it is a nice drive (some nice sights AND some unusual sights as well ) and a stop or two for a sherbet maybe at Sitges, Cunit or Torredembarra