Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Port Aventura Tickets - loan of

Don't know about the lollies, but when we were there last week there was a 2 for 1 promotion on bottles of coke which is on till September.

I don't want to enter into bad mouthing the Op but it has to be said that these 'harmless' fiddles chip away at businesses like Portaventura and only serve to effect income, therefore having a long term effect on future ticket prices.

The investment in something like Portaventura is massive, therefore people questioning their significant annual income and the small effect 'fiddles' have on that income are missing the point, they need these large incomes to pay for the intial investment, enormous running costs and subsequent improvements to the park.

oooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssshhhhhhh

port av exists purley to extract every last penny from a punters pockets from the rip off entry fees to a souveneer shop on the exit of every ride you cant take your own feed or drinks in the park so you have to buy their stuff. I grew up in Blackpool and spent my summers in the fun house as did most the kids my age. in later years i supplyed DJs on site and the old rule was ma Thompson would never charge an entrance fee as there were familys who spent the whole days there with the parents paying for the kids to go on rides buying food drinks etc and during one afternoon stroling wiith Geoff Thompson he asked what i saw then pointing to a group of people i replied that they were clients or guests he said no that is a walking wallet when it arrives at the park its full and as soon as its empty it can go as it was of no more use to him. sadly with the passing of ma thompson and Geoff the children have no blocked all entrancies and you can only enter by purchacing a ticket now todays generation will only remember odd days out if and when a family can afford £200ish for the day Same as port av i think an open entrance and pay per rides would be more proffitable to them and if any one has a few spare tickets going ill use them also

withhelf for security
port av exists purley to extract every last penny from a punters pockets from the rip off entry fees to a souveneer shop on the exit of every ride you cant take your own feed or drinks in the park so you have to buy their stuff. I grew up in Blackpool and spent my summers in the fun house as did most the kids my age. in later years i supplyed DJs on site and the old rule was ma Thompson would never charge an entrance fee as there were familys who spent the whole days there with the parents paying for the kids to go on rides buying food drinks etc and during one afternoon stroling wiith Geoff Thompson he asked what i saw then pointing to a group of people i replied that they were clients or guests he said no that is a walking wallet when it arrives at the park its full and as soon as its empty it can go as it was of no more use to him. sadly with the passing of ma thompson and Geoff the children have no blocked all entrancies and you can only enter by purchacing a ticket now todays generation will only remember odd days out if and when a family can afford £200ish for the day Same as port av i think an open entrance and pay per rides would be more proffitable to them and if any one has a few spare tickets going ill use them also

You obviously spent more time there, than in your English lessons.
Anybody translate please? On second thoughts...don't bother

sorry was busy multi-tasking and my keyboard is dyslexic plus there is no spell check on here but my point still stands that port av is nothing but a rip off also didnt realise as was so busy working to check but my reference was to the fun park known as pleasure beach the rest is easy to decypher

WHAT do you lot expect,Port Aventutra is a theme park, like Alton Towers, Gullivers world, Lego Land, Thorpe Park etc, All have the same idea to get punters in and turn over a profit, If you CAN'T AFFORD their prices then DON'T GO THERE, it p155es me off when people want something for nothing, if you would expect to pay the price at home what is so different when abroad, GREED IS A HUMAN CONDITION and you lot are just plain greedy

It is the simple result of our current 'entitlement' Society. As ever, something originally set up to help GENUINE needy and DESERVING people, has been usurped and b arstardised by greed, and lack of personal responsibility, and over-inflated personal values of self worth. We are encouraged to seek the easy way to all goals, instead of WORKING HARD and SAVING, to survive and do well.

think the point is being missed here, what i said was that the family who owned Blackpool pleasure beach had a policy that acess to the park was FREE you either bought a book of ride tickets or paid per ride etc, wich allowed whole family days out if grandma and granddad didnt ride anything they would still spend money on consumables. Now you need to buy tickets just to walk around the Parks even if you dont go on any thing.
Oh by the way i have a neighbour who works at Port av and he just given me 3 4day passes invitational.

hi Name withheld, glad you got your complimentary passes, maybe you can sell them to the tighta55 who originally started this thread lol

name withheld
think the point is being missed here, what i said was that the family who owned Blackpool pleasure beach had a policy that acess to the park was FREE you either bought a book of ride tickets or paid per ride etc, wich allowed whole family days out if grandma and granddad didnt ride anything they would still spend money on consumables. Now you need to buy tickets just to walk around the Parks even if you dont go on any thing.
Oh by the way i have a neighbour who works at Port av and he just given me 3 4day passes invitational.

It is fairly apparent that you haven't spent time thinking about things , or perhaps you just don't understand.
IF they made it free entrance, then all the visual and aural attractions which are available to see when you pay an entry fee to cover THEIR costs, would have to be hidden away, and you would have to pay to see them. IF it was free entry, then the rides etc that you don't have to pay for now would be vastly more expensive cumulatively than the present cost of an all-inclusive entry fee. The whole idea of Port Aventura is, that EVERYBODY who goes in will be entertained one way or another, EVEN if they didn't go on any rides. And those who don't want to go on rides, are subsidising those who DO want to, with a percentage of their entry fee. An appropriate term would be 'swings and roundabouts'

Ooh er! Listen at you. Maybe read what what tighta55 originally wrote when she started the thread - I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FOR NOTHING!! Maybe just a reduced cost as not going to go on any rides!! No that hard to grasp really, but some of the folks who have replied - please, please when you're bored again and want to write non-constructive cra**y responses - go tidy your sock drawers out!!

PS.
I'm sure the many of thousands of Football season ticket holders understand - when you're going to miss a game, lend the ticket to a mate who normally has to pay or treat a mate who can't afford the very inflated prices that are now charged. No loss, the ticket has been paid for and the seat will be empty otherwise!!
Favours and kind gestures like this are common in the world I'm in.

We always buy a 14 day pass so that we can go on any day that we want rather than have to cram it all in on a few days. This year a 14 day pass is around £77.00 for an adult which I think is pretty good value considering Euro Disney charge around £51.00 just for one day.

This year the entry cost for us will be around £300.00 but we just add it in with the overall cost of our holiday and enjoy it. I don't agree that it's a rip off and wouldn't miss going to Portaventura for anything

Jane
Ooh er! Listen at you. Maybe read what what tighta55 originally wrote when she started the thread - I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FOR NOTHING!! Maybe just a reduced cost as not going to go on any rides!! No that hard to grasp really, but some of the folks who have replied - please, please when you're bored again and want to write non-constructive cra**y responses - go tidy your sock drawers out!!

PS.
I'm sure the many of thousands of Football season ticket holders understand - when you're going to miss a game, lend the ticket to a mate who normally has to pay or treat a mate who can't afford the very inflated prices that are now charged. No loss, the ticket has been paid for and the seat will be empty otherwise!!

Well, I thought you might finally understand. But no.
YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT? GET A BETTER PAID JOB...or just accept that YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. It REALLY is that simple.
If, as your original scam suggests, you are only going for the child's sake, WHY do you need to go with three adults? Let ONE adult take the child. About the same as the 40 pounds you are offering to cheat on somebody else's ticket;or be honest enough to admit you were using the child as an excuse, or a 'sympathy' ploy.
I think that, IF you have read all the constructive replies as saying what you want to do is firstly, unethical, and secondly sneaky, and thirdly very very selfish, and you come back AGAIN with your 'justification' post, you really are dense. I wouldn't be surprised if you borrow somebody else's road fund licence to avoid paying THAT too

Jane

PS.

You really are a piece of work!! As PA Fans says: YOU HAVE TO PAY THE PARK, for your entrance fee to help KEEP THE PLACE OPEN.
Go to Blackpool and rip THEM off.What a c ock and bull story! 'We won't go on any rides'? WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GO IN FOR THEN? To torment your child?'You can't go on any rides, because we have cheated our way in!.'Oh.OK. Sure. I won't be any more upset than if we hadn't come in at all'. So what is the point then?
Be honest for once in your life. Admit you wanted to cheat your way in, and then go on every ride available. Even if you DON'T admit it, we know the truth anyway.

i wonder if jean knows that port aventura have just opened the new childrens area of the park which is based on sesame street with about 10 new rides just for the kids, this has been a massive investment by port aventura,i would say this is another reason why she should buy a ticket direct from the park and stop this thread from turning in to the longest in history

I remember a guy who sent his days at PA following people asking if they had any unused days on their tickets and buying them up then reselling around the bars, also tour reps used to sell them to workers at 2000 pts also many bars will just give you the 2x1 vouchers normaly given on various promotions. personally i visit PA maybe once a year and normaly only go on water rides and to see the chinese theater. I only go one day so see no point in buying a 3 day pass or a residents anual 1.
still think alowing people to walk round at leisure and purchace bands for rides etc you would see whole generations of familys enjoying the delights of PA and still spending in there

i suggest jane look at the link which the moderator has put on on the Port Aventura, SESAMO AVENTURA.
thread which has a fantastic video of the childrens area at port aventura

name withheld
I remember a guy who sent his days at PA following people asking if they had any unused days on their tickets and buying them up then reselling around the bars, also tour reps used to sell them to workers at =====2000 pts=====?????? also many bars will just give you the 2x1 vouchers normaly given on various promotions. personally i visit PA maybe once a year and normaly only go on water rides and to see the chinese theater. I only go one day so see no point in buying a 3 day pass or a residents anual 1.
still think alowing people to walk round at leisure and purchace bands for rides etc =======you would see whole generations of familys enjoying the delights of PA and still spending in there=====

2000 PESETAS???? Blimey!! Was Port Aventura even open in those days???
QUOTE:
"you would see whole generations of familys enjoying the delights of PA and still spending in there"....
...like they don't ANYWAY???

Yes, Port Aventura was open before the introduction of the Euro. It's not that long ago that we were still on the peseta - February 2002 was the change over date.

we are going in april ....we love the place ...it is not a rip off ..holidays are for fun and thats what the park is all about ..we save the money for the tickets and its just part of the holiday