Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hotel Calypso AI Upgrade

Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows how much it is to get an all inclusive upgrade at the Calypso - many thanks

Re: Hotel Calypso AI Upgrade

I just got an e-mail from MedPlaya and it's €19 per day to upgrade from half board - just in case anyone else was wondering

Presumably that is per person?

yes its €19 per day per adult and €10 per day for children 2-12

Just wondering, is it realy worth it? We are stying there H/B in a few weeks time, for us, 2 adults and a child the upgrade would be 672 Euros just to basicaly give us one extra meal and our drinks, I don't it sounds like very good value.

I wondered that but I suppose when you factor in ice cream for the kids all day plus snacks and things you might find yourself getting through €50 day, it soon adds up

claire dickens
I wondered that but I suppose when you factor in ice cream for the kids all day plus snacks and things you might find yourself getting through €50 day, it soon adds up

Probably, if you intend to spend all your holiday at the hotel and not go anywhere and if we were talking a fairly isolated resort I'd be more tempted to go for it, however, although this will be our fist time in Salou, from research it doesn't seem to be the sort of place where you're going to spend most of your time in the hotel complex, another thing, is Icecream included in the AI package? not all AI hotels include icecream.

I fully agree Andy.... not only just Salou but Cap Salou, La Pineda, Cambrils, Port Aventura and Aquopolis are all nearby within easy reach and well worth a visit. Add in over 10 beaches and some of the best coastline in Spain why would you want to stay in your hotel?
Will the Calypso let just the kids go AI? Worth trying if the adults are not going to be drinking much during the daytime

The AV Kid
I fully agree Andy.... not only just Salou but Cap Salou, La Pineda, Cambrils, Port Aventura and Aquopolis are all nearby within easy reach and well worth a visit. Add in over 10 beaches and some of the best coastline in Spain why would you want to stay in your hotel?
Will the Calypso let just the kids go AI? Worth trying if the adults are not going to be drinking much during the daytime

Yeah, we won't be spending much time in the hotel, we intend to go to Tarragona for the Roman stuff and Barcelona a couple of times. The only things we will miss from AI is not being able to get a tea or coffee when you like without having to pay, same goes for soft drinks but I don't think that's enough to justify over 600 euros.

From memory I think a coffee at the Calypso is only €1.20. Less than half the price you would pay in the UK and usually twice as good!
Well worth saving your 600 euros for a few of these and other drinks of your own choice inside the hotel and out in Salou.
I am unsure about the Calypso but I have been told that the quality and service for AI consumables at other hotels can be inferior to customers paying cash!
If you turn left out of the main entrance of the Calypso and turn first left there are two nice cheap 'n' cheerful bar/cafe's on your right. The first one called Fordies is a Spanish bar used by Calypso staff and does great snacks and drinks

Well, I'll take back what I said earlier, we are at the Calypso now and have upgraded to AI for the last week, basically we wer'nt venturing very far from the hotel anyways and we were spending 30 euros on lunchtime meals plus drinks then the best part of 30 euros behind the bar over the day and evening, the upgrade from HB was 50 euros per day for 2 adults and a child. the other reason for the upgrade was that we could use the snack bar which meant we don't have to rush so much to get our daughters evening meal before Kids Club, this is worth considering as Kids Club starts at 7pm but the restaurant doesn't open for evening meal untill 6:30pm.