Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coming back to Salou next year

Hi, we are planning on returning to Salou again next year and looking for somewhere different to stay. Need at least a 2 bed apartment since there is 5 of us. Doesnt seem to be many available, Stayed at the Michelangelo last year but fancied a change. Any ideas? Aquaria apartments would be nice but just to expensive in July, looking at a budget of approx £1000 for the 2 weeks.
Cheers

Re: Coming back to Salou next year

Your budget of £500 per week in July is not really enough. July and August are the main holiday months for apartment/hotel owners. £500 PW is a fair budget for June or September. A Jul/Aug booking for a self catering apartment with two bedrooms will cost 700 to 900 euros per week. Add a third bedroom and it will rise to 900/1200 per week.
When in July are you planning to come? If you can slip one of weeks into end June I might be able to sort out a deal

Try the Esmeralda Apartments in Vilafortuny. 10 min bus ride from Salou centre and it is a one minute walk from the beach. Plenty going on in the area with some good bars and restaurants plus great Brit style entertainment in the hotel!English/Spanish speaking staff Look at their website!

Thanks for that info. Looks like the cheapest option is a package holiday then. Was in Portugal(Albufeira) last month and we had a luxury 2 bed apartment(Aqquaria standard) central location for just over £1000 and flights under £1000 for 5 of us. Salou obviously is just that bit more expensive but did think doing it DIY would of been cheaper.

So it was £2k for 5 in Albufeira for a 2 week holiday in July? As a rough guide the equivelent DIY in Salou would have been about the same. 1,500 euros for the apartment but only around £500 for the flights. Budget flights to Reus near Salou are much cheaper than flights to Faro.
Two week package deals for July/August in Salou will be significantly more than DIY. Work on a minimum of £600 per person

Yeah, £2k is what it cost for Portugal. We can get the Michelangelo through T Cook(stayed there last year) for under 2500 so if its possible to get flights that cheap then can pay more for the apartment. Bearing in mind I am in Scotland so flights are more although we always fly from Newcasle for better price.
We like to be central as well so thats why im thinking Michelangelo again?
cheers

I can get you a nice 3 bedroom self catering apartment not far from Oasis Park hotel for 1,300 euros. 25th June 2012 to 8th July 2012. 14 nights.
I have emailed you with all details

Hi, me and my partner are going to salou in a couple of weeks and were travelling with Ferris coaches, yes i know its a 24 hour journey which can be annoying for some people but i honestly find it the cheapest way! were staying at the Royal apartments for 14 days 11 nights and its cost us £250 each, thats for the the coach and apartment. we've travelled with ferris plenty of times and had never had any probs so just thought i'd let you know! :D

Thanks Marie but with 3 kids we prefer to keep travel time to a minimum. It is certainly a lot cheaper though.

I was amazed at the price as well... so I had a look at Ferris. Cheapest I got for anytime remaining in 2011 was £858 for two.
I don't know if Marie got a special offer but I think £250 for two weeks in August is a unique deal. The coach can take up to 33 hours depending on traffic and time of day