Salou Uncovered Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Ross of The Paddock.

Sorry to hear that John is not well, and is in hospital at the moment.
Maybe some good vibes or, if you are the praying type, you could spare a few for him. Always been a cheerful and friendly guy to everybody, and I hope he comes home fit and well soon.
God Bless, John

Re: John Ross of The Paddock.

HI Nick, so sorry to hear John is unwell, i do hope he is making a good recovery from whatever is ailing him? I've not had internet connection for some time and since we moved down town we have'nt had much news/gossip from up town.... Please keep us informed if and when possible... Thank you xxx

Hi Angie.
Sorry to hear from a reliable source that John is not doing well at all.
John was one of the first Bar Owners I ever met when I arrived in Cap Salou more than 24 years ago, and he was, as always, friendly, jovial and 'game for a laugh'.
The Paddock struggled for a while, but John, with his enormous chrisma, friendly disposition, and a dedicated kitchen staff, turned it around, and the Paddock became synonymous with good food, drink and a congenial atmosphere. Every weekend, many of his international and Spanish friends and acquaintances arrive to eat, drink and enjoy the convivial atmosphere of The Paddock.
He makes great use of his endearing stammer , and many who know him believe it to be a little contrived at times

I sincerely hope and pray John will get through this health problem, and we will see him once again cruising around Cap Salou, weighing up the opposition.
get well John, you are missed

It grieves me to say that John passed away this morning.

What a great loss.
Verry kind and sincere words Nick.
Our thoughts are with all who had the pleasure of knowing John.
R.I.P John xxxx

Very sad news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I know John since the very start of The Paddock. I have passed many, many hours there ... He gave us his car to go to the mountains, he called the plumber when I was with two friends in the apartment and neither of us spoke Spanish. He was one of a kind.

Two weeks ago I was in the town where he was born, Wick, Scotland and I thought I must show him some pictures the next time I go to Salou.

Last week sadly, I learned from my mother that John passed away.

I will miss you John, Cabo de Salou will never be the same again. I didn't see you two years ago when I was around, but I didn't know that you were not well. I thought: well, I'll see him next time I come over. Because ... John would always be there.

Marta and Christian, I wish you a lot of courage. Our thoughts are with you.

Take care,

Ingrid

a true gentleman,my family and i 1st met John 3 years ago and every year since then,spoke to him last June.can hardly believe John has gone.to Marta & Christian i wish you well and i hope you find the strength to continue your wonderful restaurant.